Rules and Point System
ALL ANGLERS MUST FOLLOW ALL STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS PERTANING TO FISHING, BOATING AND OTHER MARINE ACTIVITIES.
1. Anglers must fish ONLY in the Indian River Lagoon; any fish from outside the lagoon will not be accepted. There is NO FISHING IN THE INLETS.
2. Anglers must HOOK, CATCH AND LAND their fish on their own, unassisted
3. The tournament is CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY with picture.
4. All anglers MUST REGISTER AND PAY THE REGISTRATION FEE ON THE iANGLER APP at www.ianglertournament.com and select the Lines in the Lagoon tournament to participate.
5. All anglers must attend a Captain’s Meeting the night prior to the tournament. You will not be permitted to fish if you do not attend this mandatory meeting on September 24, 2021.
6. Anglers must provide their own digital camera (or device that can capture digital images) and submit all images to the iANGLER app or website.
7. Anglers must wear the wrist band provided at Captain’s meeting and include the wrist band in any submitted photos.
8. Anglers may use bait or lures.
9. Anglers may fish from kayak, motorized vessel, shore, etc.
10. If anglers are using bait, they must use circle hooks.
11. Anglers must be in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
12. Anglers may not hire or use a professional guide during the tournament.
13. Lines in: 7:00 am-----Lines out: 2:00 pm
14. Fish and registration will be counted for each angler, not per boat.
15. Photos of fish must be taken with the nose of the fish against the vertical side of the board marked 0 inches, with the wrist band in the picture. Submit all photos by species, indicating the size and other specifics to the iANGLER app or website.
16. Anglers MAY NOT fish waters not open to public.
17. No stringer/fish baskets allowed
18. NO CHUMMING
19. Sharks and Tarpon may not be landed or submitted. They will not be counted.
20. Size minimums are as follows: Redfish – 15 inches, Snook – 18 inches, Trout – 12 inches
21. No refunds of registration fees.
Lines in the Lagoon Tournament Awards
All fish must be photographed and submitted to the iAngler app or website no later than 2:30 PM on the day of the tournament to be counted. Judges will verify and approve all appropriate submissions. Incorrect or late submissions will be rejected.
1. Grand Champion Winner
(This award goes to the angler with the highest total inches caught for snook, redfish and sea trout sent in for judging. All three species are not required and no minimum sizes apply)
2. Largest Snook (in inches)
3. Largest Redfish (in inches)
4. Largest Sea Trout (in inches)
5. Biggest Non-Premium Fish (No sharks or Tarpon)
6. Ugliest Fish
7. Mystery Fish
(Largest fish of a species, other than the 3 premium fish, to be announced at the awards banquet. Species may be snapper, jack crevalle, ladyfish, catfish, flounder, sheepshead, bluefish, or grouper. Anglers must be 12 years of age or younger to win this award.)
*Second and third place awards will be presented for Awards 2,3,4, and 7
*The grand champion winner cannot win any other award. In the event the Grand Champion has the largest fish in any other category, the second and third place anglers in that category will win.